Tuesday, January 02, 2007

BREAD

Well, another year has arrived, full of promise! I just have to share a little excitement that is occurring in our family. *grin* Our church has a dynamic program for reading the Word of God. It is called B.R.E.A.D. (Bible Reading Enriches Any Day). The adult BREAD takes the reader through the entire Bible in one year. The Junior BREAD involves reading one chapter a day for the year (usually read by the older children, like 12 and up). Then there is the "I Can Read" program, where school age children (usually 8-12 ish) who are good readers can read Bible stories or devotions on their own every day of the year. Finally we have the "Read to Me" program for the little ones, where mom or dad (or grandma or grandpa or.....) reads to the little ones each day. Now that I've said all that (phew!), here's the exciting news. In the past, I have done the adult BREAD, and I have read to my boys every night before bed (read to me). THIS YEAR, it is a family affair, with both Jason and I reading the adult BREAD, Adam doing the Junior BREAD, and Nick doing the "I can read" program! It's exciting to see everyone so enthusiastic about hiding the Word in their heart! Praise God! Do you remember the Sunday School song...
Read your Bible and pray every day
Pray every day
Pray every day
Read your Bible and pray every day
and you'll grow... grow... grow!
I fully expect lots of spiritual growth to occur in this family in 2007! Halleluia! Well, time to stop blogging and go read the BREAD! Blessings to you all!

No comments: