Wednesday, December 20, 2006

Building community in the Body

I love the Lord. I love my church. I love living for God. I love being with the people of God. There is not a single thing I would change about my choice to live for Him!

Tonight was a really fun night! Our church has home group meetings every other Wednesday evening. Jason and I are facilitators of one of the groups. It is called "Life Group". We meet in each others' homes for the purpose of talking about the Word of God "where the rubber meets the road". We talk about the issues we are facing in real life, and get into the Word to find out how to deal with the issue. There is prayer, and afterward there is fellowship and light snacks. That is how our particular group works. Other groups get together for a group supper before the meeting begins. It all depends on the dynamics of the group.

Anyway (blah blah blah... sorry)... tonight we had our life group Christmas celebration. Normally we would have had about 12 people in attendance. We met at our house. We found out at the last minute that the facilitator of one of the other groups was sick and had to cancel their group. SO... we called the members and invited them over to our place! We had tons of good food, we gave out nail ornaments to each family, and had LOTS of great fellowship! The house was filled with laughter and smiles! We even invited our next door neighbors over to join us! All in all, we had 24 people in our teeny tiny apartment! Yikes! It was tight, but no one seemed to mind. It was really fun!

In other news, my husband did an AWESOME job of Christmas shopping today on his day off!!!!!! WOW! I might just leave that job to him from now on! LOL! We have just about everything we need!

My mom and Ray are flying in to Vermont in a little over 16 hours from now. I can't wait to see them! Jason's dad and crew arrive on Saturday, and we'll be heading over to St. J to spend some quality time with them on Tuesday through to Wednesday. Will be AWESOME to see the Ravenator!

Tomorrow is my last day of work before Christmas break. Adam and Nick have to go to school on Friday... I don't! YAY! I can wrap, wrap, wrap, wrap, wrap!!!!

That is about it for now. Let me close with this... we had a school-wide sing-along today at my school, and the last song we sang was so cool and has stuck in my head the rest of the day. It is called "We wish you a swingin' holiday", and to hear it, click here and scroll down until you see the box that says Click for a Sound Sample. Enjoy!

No comments: