Saturday, March 12, 2005

Tribute

My mom is in Maine for the weekend. The road I grew up on in Maine was a quiet street that no one really drove on unless they lived there or were visiting someone who lived there. We were a very tight neighborhood. There were many young families with young children, and we all grew up in each others' homes, with the moms all willingly "raising" the others' children while they were in their house. It was a wonderful place to grow up... lots of memories... most of them good ones. However, one of my neighborhood "dads" has been stricken with cancer that has attacked his liver... doctors don't give him a long time left here with us on this Earth. My mom has gone to visit him and his wife. They are such special people in our lives. I am very sad for them. My mom also forwarded me a notice that another man from our street passed away this week. Our little road is a sad place this week. I hope I will have the opportunity to go visit them also before it is too late. Life is precious. Memories more so. The Bible says that our life is just a vapor... here and and gone in an instant. We only have so much time to impact our world, and then it is over. Someday, I will be gone, too. The song I want sung at my funeral? "Only one life, so soon it will pass, only what's done for CHRIST will last. Only one chance to do HIS will, so give to Jesus all your days, it's the only life that pays, when you recall you have but one life." Of course, then I want them to sing "Shoutin' on the hills of Glory!!!!" because that is where I'll be and what I'll be doing! I made sure of that 13 years ago when I repented, got baptized in Jesus' name, and was filled with the Holy Ghost, speaking in other tongues! WOW!!!!!!!!!!!! I'll never regret giving up the old life of sin! I am certain of my eternal destiny..... are you????

Blessings!
Michelle

No comments: