Thursday, January 01, 2009

Happy New Year to all!

I found this wonderful poem online, and just had to share it with you!

A New Year With The Lord


A new year is about to unfold
With new opportunities to explore
Doors will open for new experiences
New adventures with the Lord

Remember not the former things
The things of this past year
The Lord will do new things in us
Much more than we are aware

For He will make a way for us
As we put our trust in Him
And He will guide our every step
By His presence we have within

What God has placed within our hearts
We find we’ll be able to do
If we look for the opportunities
We’ll see the door to go through

We mustn’t let anything hold us back
But rise up and take our place
And be all that God wants us to be
With a fresh touch of His grace

© By M.S.Lowndes

The author of this beautiful poem has a website called heavens inspirations. I encourage you to check it out.


I have been thinking a lot the past couple days. I am in charge of recording attendance at our church, and with 2008 behind us, I had to tally up the averages and report them to my pastor. I was disheartened to see that the numbers stayed pretty much the same throughout the year. And I KNOW beyond the shadow of a doubt, that until our church becomes a church that really PRAYS and really touches God, we will remain status quo... in maintainance mode. I do NOT want that!!!! Therefore, instead of committing myself to an 8th year of reading my Bible through cover to cover, I intend to work on the spiritual discipline of PRAYER... my prayer life has lots of room for improvement, and I so desperately want to know Jesus in an even more intimate way. I am a revival of ONE. Lord, if it's going to happen, let it start with me. I pray for the courage to boldly share the truth of God's Word with those who do not know it in the year 2009. Help me to look for those opportunities and walk boldly through the door! I trust you Jesus.

2 comments:

Grammie Betimes said...

Well said Michelle! We love you. I really like to poem, and it is all about prayer and communion with our Precious Lord Jesus. My prayer for you this year is a life in communion, commitment and consecration to Jesus Christ. It is not a hard thing at all, and can be as easy as our every breath, without thought or effort, prayer and communion with the Lord. Nothing could be better.

Anonymous said...

very well said....