Thursday, October 02, 2008

Abundant life

In John 10:10, Jesus said, "I am come that they may have life, and that more abundantly." Here is my take on that...

Life is full of ups and downs; it's just the way life is, whether you are a Christian or not. Now.... a non-believer has a life that looks like this...
But because the Christian believer has been promised life MORE ABUNDANTLY, they have a life that looks more like this....

That is very much how my day was today. Extreme highs and lows. It is exhausting, actually. But God is the same, yesterday, today, and forever. He never has "bumps" in the road like we do! Nothing takes him by surprise. God sees everything like this

___________________________



So, I will not bore you with the details (many of which are confidential anyway). I'll just let you know that I went grocery shopping at 1am to relieve the stress in my mind. And it's pouring rain....

4 comments:

VTBeanbag said...

Heard this song on the radio the other day... I was reminded of it while reading your entry.

Washed By The Water
~Needtobreathe~

Even when the rain falls
Even when the flood starts rising
Even when the storm comes
I am washed by the water

Daddy was a preacher
She was his wife
Just tryin to make the world a little better
You know, shine a light
People started talking
Trying to hear their own voice
Those people tried to accuse my father
Said he made the wrong choice
Though it might be painful
You know that time will always tell
Those people have long since gone
My father never failed

Even if the Earth crumbles under my feet
Even if the ones I love turn around and crucify me
I won’t never ever let you down
I won’t fall
I won’t fall
I won’t fall as long as you’re around me

No matter how much it rains~ God is the same!

Grammie Betimes said...

I am so thankful for family - family of God and our personal family. God is in control, he does not allow one thing to come our way that He hasn't already thoroughly screened and approved for our life. Trusting in Jesus gets so much easier each time we place our complete confidence in Him...not hoping for a specific outcome...just ready with open heart and mind and heart to accept and be content with what He allows to come our way. Then simply going to Him and asking His help and guidance in how to move forward with what is on our plate...He does answer and He does make a way.
His Grace and His Peace are sufficient. He loves so perfectly all the time.

Michelle said...

Thank you both for your encouragement.. I love you!

VTBeanbag said...

Oh gosh, Sis Carter! I so needed to hear that! Thank you!