Saturday, October 11, 2008

Fireproof and football

Hello everyone! I ask your forgiveness, as I have not been in much of a writing mood lately. My energies have been spent in other areas of life, and trying to focus on writing has just been too much.

Hmmm... one thing I would love to share with you all is the AMAZING movie our family went to see called "Fireproof". Anyone who frequents my blog has heard about it or clicked on the banner to see all kinds of information and trailers. I have to tell you... the movie FAR EXCEEDED our expectations! It was a tremendous testimony to God's amazing ability to use ordinary people to get out HIS MESSAGE to the people who need to hear it! There is no question that the reason our nation is in the mess it's in is because of the breakdown in the basic family unit. Marriages are crumbling all around us every day, and it weakens society to the point where immorality and sin prevail, destroying God's model of how we are to exist in this life. Marriage between one man and one woman until death do us part is a model of the relationship between God and his people! Jesus Christ and the church! OF COURSE the devil wants to attack and destroy this Godly institution!

Anyway, suffice it to say, it is an adult topic (divorce) and there are no children in this movie, and yet my 9 and 11 year old sons walked out of the theater saying it was the best movie they have ever seen! TRUE!!! Jesus Christ as Lord of your life and Lord of your marriage was the central theme of the movie. And it was #4 in the box office opening weekend, and #8 the following weekend! It opened on 839 screens, compared to Hollywood's offerings, opening on 2500-3000 screens each! God is amazing! If you have the chance, I URGE you to drive to the nearest theater to see it (which for us was a 3 hour drive, as it did not open anywhere in Vermont). It will be soooooo worth the drive!!!! AND... we will be owning this on DVD the second it is available!

What else can I share with you? My job is proving to be very challenging this year. I come home physically, mentally, and emotionally drained most days. I have discovered that this particular child I am working with will require much prayer. Only God can give me the strength required to do my job. That way, HE gets all the glory, as it should be!

Football is just about over! This Thursday's game was a really exciting one, and Nick's team did win! They have had a great season, and learned SO MUCH! The mighty green team has outstanding coaches... the BEST! They teach the love of the game, not the competitive "out for blood, win at all costs" mentality. The boys just LOVE playing! And at age 8 and 9, they can run complicated plays like reverse sweeps and such... successfully!!!! And they have some amazing passing/receiving players as well, and some kids who are just natural born football players... all-around amazing!

Hmmm... what else? I don't know. There is a ton of other things I could tell you about, but my writing mood just isn't there, and it would probably bore you to tears anyway. Here are the only 2 facts that matter right at this moment...

1. Jesus Christ is Lord and coming back soon (THAT is exciting news!!).

2. Red Sox just won Game 1 of the ALCS against Tampa Bay, and it was exciting!

I am rambling because I am so tired... 12:37 am! AH! Time to hit the sack. Take time to thank God for His faithfulness to you today! Bye!

1 comment:

Beth R. said...

I just love you Michelle, even though you are a Red Sox fan! rofl Have a blessed weekend, ☺