Wednesday, March 05, 2008

Old Testament nourishment

Hello all! Remember me? I am the author of this little blog. I am concerned that I have been away so long that it has become somewhat of a "cobweb", if you will. Truth be told..... that spiritual discipline fast we did in January really did its job. I have not been here in quite a while... it is as if my passion has taken a back seat to my Bible reading and Bible study time, as well as time with family and friends. That is NOT a bad thing (unless you are Beth!! ) LOL! Sorry Beth, couldn't resist! I love that you like to read my blog! My pastor reads it too.

Anyway, just wanted to say a quick little blurb about our Wed. evening Bible study this evening. It was really good! I have been bugging my pastor to teach more out of the old testament prophets. About a year ago, he handed me TWO general Bible knowledge quizzes, 100 questions each. I did REALLY WELL, except for the questions on old testament prophets. I told my pastor it was his fault, because he doesn't teach enough out of the OT prophets. LOL! So, he has begun doing some lessons, and they are really interesting, and I am getting a LOT out of them! Tonight he started talking about Malachi, but to do that, he had to lay the groundwork from Ezra, Nehemiah, and Zechariah, as Malachi was their contemporary. It really put alot of things together for me, and I loved it! We have another gentleman in our congregation who is a real Bible scholar, and after church this evening, he and I and the pastor had an incredible discussion that left me feeling very uplifted and encouraged! I love to talk about the Word of God... it is without a doubt my favorite topic!! And the reason is because I love the Lord with all my heart! John 1 says "In the beginning was the WORD and the Word was with God and THE WORD WAS GOD!!!! And the WORD became flesh (Jesus) and dwelt among us." You cannot say you love God and not love His Word! He and His Word are the same!!

Anyway, that is what I wanted to share this evening. If you want to know how to pray for me... pray that God gives me holy boldness to be a witness for Him! Thanks! I'll try not to stay away so long this time!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Michelle!! I'am rolling with laughter!! Thanks for bringing a smile upon my face this mornin'! I will be back with more comments (I'm supposed to be doing our weekly menu and I thought I'd pop in for a minute..so I really gotta get this menu done and go to the store).