Thursday, February 07, 2008

God is working for my good

Hello all! It has been a long time! However, it has been a wonderful, spiritually-charged time for me and for our church. :) As a result of being away from my computer during this time, I have managed to not only stay ahead in my scheduled Bible reading, but also read all of Matthew, Mark, Luke, John, and the book of Acts. That means that when I get to that portion of my annual Bible reading program, I can skip from Oct. 1st to mid-November and be a month and a half ahead! I also came up with several topics/ideas that I want to study out more... one of them being the concept of the pre-incarnate Christ.

One of the requirements of the 30 days of prayer and fasting was that we were to make at least one prayer meeting a week. Most everyone came to the 5pm prayer meeting right before our 6pm Sunday night service. Our Sunday evening services were amazing! The Holy Ghost moved in such a powerful way each week. This past Sunday, we finished up the prayer meeting, and Karen took her place at the piano. Emily, Sandy, and I took our place at the mics to praise sing. But Jason said, "I don't want you to play. God is doing something, and I am going to have the church pray... I want you all to pray too." BANG! We started to pray and the Lord swept into that room like a flood! We never sang a note! The preacher never preached a word! God did what HE wanted to do, and it was incredible! My youngest son Nicolas was surrounded by the older boys (Adam's age... 11, 12) and he began to speak in tongues and it freaked him out, so he abruptly stopped! AHHH! It's okay... God is faithful to finish what He starts! Nick is ready to receive the Holy Ghost... he just needs to prepare himself mentally!! Amy, our pastor's 9 year old daughter, came very close to receiving the Holy Ghost as well. All of our teens and pre-teens already full of His Spirit touched God and were refreshed in the Spirit! Something broke in the spiritual realm that night, and our pastor decided to continue our fast for another 21 days. (Many other churches across the country are doing the same thing, because strongholds are coming down everywhere!!) He came to me and told me that if I wanted to blog, then I should blog only about the spiritual things that God is accomplishing during this time. No problem! God is on the move and no man is going to be able to take the credit for anything! HE will receive ALL the glory! So stay tuned to see what God does next here in Vermont and across the country and globe! PRAISE JESUS!!!!

PS... I want to give God glory for a couple of things. First, we have had some amazingly snowy weather here lately. Our first nasty storm last Friday created some treacherous driving conditions. I had to go get my son Sat. morning from a sleepover birthday party. As I headed up the on-ramp of the highway, a driver coming in the opposite direction lost control of their car and instead of going down the off-ramp, shot over into the on-ramp lane, headed right for me! I tried to pull my car over to the right quickly without losing control of MY car on the slick road, and he shot past me on the driver's side, just missing me. He also somehow missed the other 4 cars behind me... THANK YOU JESUS! He is my protector!

Also, with the rash of tornadoes that broke out down south last night, one of them hit Memphis, TN, which is where my friend Britt lives (actually, she's across the border in Olive Branch, but that is a technicality). Anyway, the tornado missed their church by only about 3 miles! As far as we know, everyone in the chuch is fine. God is so good!

I'll write again soon! It's nice to be back! BETH..... OH MY GOODNESS!!! Congratulations???? Wow... you are a strong woman! I'm not sure how I would handle that................ glad your washer is working finally! LOL!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh Michelle I have missed you sooo much! I kept peeking in on your blog to see if you returned early..bummer for me but HOORAY for you and your church family! God is amazing!!

Anonymous said...

Yeah that was an awesome service!