Wednesday, November 09, 2005

God provides

How amazing is my God? He handed me a job on a silver platter today, that I wasn't even pursuing! I am a substitute teacher in two different schools (K-2). One little school I just really love being at. The staff are all so sweet and fun to be around, and the kids have my heart wrapped around their finger. Well... Polly called me to ask me if I wanted to "sub" a few days in a position that hasn't been officially created yet... working with a student in a 2nd grade class. "Sure!" I said. Little did I know that the prinipal and the special ed staff had already pinpointed me to FILL this not-yet-created position. Today after working with the child, the prinipal came to me in the lunchroom and said, "So, do you want the position? It's yours if you want it." WOW! How often does this happen? Not often in my realm! God literally dropped this job in my lap. It couldn't be more perfectly suited to my needs! What an amazing God I serve!

In other fun news, my son Nick and his tiger cub den went to visit the local rescue squad tonight as part of a "go see it" , which is required to earn the tiger cub badge. It was so fun for the boys... they were backboarded and collared, they had blood pressures and O2 sats done, they had their heart monitored, they toured the rescue garage, they played with the lights on the ambulance, etc etc. How cool is that for 6 year old boys?? Of course, it was OLD OLD hat for Nicolas... he's been playing in ambulances and hanging out in rescue garages since he was BORN! But he had fun being the "expert" in the group. :)

I am noticing that I haven't posted any pictures in a long time.... let's see what fun stuff I have available to post this evening....

OH! Here are a couple of pictures of my boys as seeds... they did a sunday school skit about the parable of the sower, and they were seeds of the fruits of the Spirit. They were cute!

Adam as the seed of peace.

Nick as the seed of joy.

View of most of the "seeds". Our upstairs neighbor Taylor is the seed of righteousness! (First yellow seed on left).


And here are a couple pictures from Adam's ninth birthday celebrations...

Eight darth vaders with light sabers... I sense a disturbance in the force!

The Darth Vader cake with very cool star candles "from a galaxy far, far away..."

Adam and his friends having fun and being goofy!


Opening presents at the family party... like the bow in his hair??


There. All updated. Will chat with you again soon. Blessings!
Michelle

No comments: