Friday, November 04, 2005

Bullying

I had an interesting, revealing conversation with my oldest son this evening. It was not a new conversation. In fact, these types of talks are becoming more common... a fact I am concerned about. It seems Adam is being teased and bullied at school, on the playground and in the lunch room. Now, I know there is a fair amount of this that is considered "normal growing up". But today's world is a lot different than the one we grew up in, and the spiritual climate is much darker today than it was 30 years ago. The enemy is taking full advantage of the weak in these last days, and I refuse to let my son be his prey! A verse I found in the Bible tonight says,

Psalm 12:5 “Because of the oppression of the weak and the groaning of the needy, I will now arise,” says the Lord. “I will protect them from those who malign them.” (NIV)

Another says:

2 Corinthians 12:10 That is why, for Christ’s sake, I delight in weaknesses, in insults, in hardships, in persecutions, in difficulties. For when I am weak, then I am strong. (NIV)

And my favorite verse:

Philippians 4:13 I can do all things through Christ who gives me strength.

I will be praying these and other scriptures for my son, and with the help of the Lord, we will overcome this issue. There can't be many things more painful for a mom than to see others hurt and mistreat the child they love so dearly. Please pray for me to use wisdom in helping Adam through all this... to come out on top, more confident and sure of who he is and what he is about.

No comments: