Thursday, August 18, 2005

Random events of the day

What did we do interesting today? We walked down the street and watched someone's house burn to the ground (sorry, no photo currently available). How sad. At least no one was hurt. But it was not a good day for that homeowner.

In other news, we had a great time at Life Group this evening, and ended by watching a hilarious comedy video of Ken Davis, a christian comedian. He is totally nuts! Everyone had a good belly laugh!

Pinkeye is taking over my house! AHHHHH! Prescription medication, lots of handwashing, and lots of clorox wipes just does not seem to be doing the job. Lord have mercy!

Two weeks to go until school starts back up.... YAY!!!! I have a job interview on Friday afternoon for an instructional assistant position in Colchester. I sooooooooooooooo need the steady income this job would afford me. Please pray for me! I do have my name in on the sub lists, but this job would be guaranteed income...

Well, not much spiritual to discuss today. But God is always good. He provided all our needs today and kept us all safe. My husband was working for the sheriff's dept today, and the 6:00 news this evening brought news of the tragic death of a NY sheriff's deputy today as he was issuing a ticket... he was hit by a tractor trailer truck. He was 31. Thank you Jesus for protecting MY HUSBAND!!!!!!!!!!! I am so sad for that deputy's family. I pray they find comfort in the arms of God. Lord, send someone into their life that can make a difference and lead them to you. In Jesus' name, Amen.

Good night.

No comments: