Tuesday, August 30, 2005

Attitudes

Keeping a right attitude is work... hard work. Oh, it's easy when life is good, but as soon as life throws you a curveball, the attitude adjustment is tremendously hard work! Such has been my experience today. My car decided to blow a radiator today, and my children are being overly disrespectful and whiney. School begins tomorrow (thank you JESUS) so I will get a small reprieve from the whiney attitudes tomorrow. It will give me time to spend ample time with my Savior and place all frustrations at His feet, and then be still in His presence as He reassures me that He will never leave me nor forsake me. We get so freaked out when things go wrong with regard to material possessions. Correction... I get freaked out. I am not a material person, but I have this deep rooted FEAR where money is concerned. FEAR of not being able to make ends meet because of foolish spending habits (not all mine, either....). FEAR because I know that without tithing with a cheerful heart, God will NOT help me out of the current jam I find myself in. It's hard to tithe cheerfully, knowing that when you pay the tithe, there will be NO food in the fridge, No gas in the car, and NO peace, realizing your children are suffering for YOUR foolish habits. Yep.... that's where I find myself living, and it is not a good feeling. So there you have it... confessions of an apostolic pentecostal blogger. I am human, and I fall far short of the glory of God. Satan wants me to believe that I am the only one feeling this way. I know that is not true. I will not give in to his "divide and conquer" tactics. Jesus will not abandon me. I can overcome by repentence. Sorry to vent on you all. Should save all this for the prayer closet.

There was a good thing in life today... I heard from my classmate Tracy who lives in Gulfport, MS. She and her family evacuated to Chattanooga, TN at her brother-in-law's house. She has no idea what she will find when she goes home... she is hopeful their home is not a total loss. I guess my problems are small in comparison... Time to stop my OWN whining!

No comments: