Friday, August 19, 2005

Building barbeque

Tonight was such a fun evening! Everyone in our apartment building got together to have a barbeque, partly to celebrate the end of summer before children go back to school, and partly to say farewell to a couple who are moving on Monday to Nebraska. We had a wonderful time! There were 18 of us total, including the two cute little babies, Kevin and Tyler. Lots of good stuff to eat, but better than that, great relationship-building took place. This is how we connect to people on a deep personal level and lead them to Jesus Christ. After the barbeque was over and the children were all in bed asleep, many of the adults sat out on the porch with candles on the table, just talking into the night. It felt so peaceful and right! I love where we are living. There is great fear among us because our new building owners are money hungry developers who are bent on jacking up the rent to a level none of us can afford. We are nervous about having to move out... I would hate that. I am very close to everyone in this building, and very happy with our location. Moving is NOT in my plans for awhile. But I am not sure about GOD'S plans for my family. That makes me even more nervous. If His plan is to move us, then His will must be done... I would HATE to have to move from my friends...

Well, anyway, that was the great fun of the evening. Tomorrow, I will go for my job interview, and leave it in the hands of the Lord. I'll keep you posted! Bye for now!

No comments: