Thursday, December 25, 2008

Merry Christmas!

MERRY CHRISTMAS TO ALL!

Our children are loved by so many... a million thanks to all who made this Christmas special for them this year! We are extremely grateful. Our friends and family are the best of the best! We love you all more than you know!

Our Christmas eve was such a nice time. We spent the morning/afternoon finishing up last minute shopping. Our candlelight service at church was great... I played Christmas eve service for the first time in my life, and I gotta tell ya... CHRISTMAS CAROLS ARE HARD TO PLAY!!!! Lord have mercy! I made it through, but it was not without a large share of mistakes! But it's okay. After church, my brother came over for our traditional Christmas eve gathering, complete with bacon wrapped scallops (a tradition for us, started by my mom). Sandy was here also, as was a new friend of Jason's from the fire department, Steve Pettite. Our neighbor Chris came over for a little while too. It was funny to watch Tim and Jason boxing on the Wii! LOL! We had a great time hanging out!

The presents are now wrapped and under the tree. It is 2:30 am... I can't sleep. Not sure if it's the excitement of the evening, or the medication I am taking (probably both). But nonetheless, I am not sleepy at all. Bad. This will surely catch up with me tomorrow........

My oldest son is currently awake and trying to sneak a peek at the tree... uh-uh!

Speaking of tradition, here is a picture of our traditional "first ornament" on the tree...

It is a spike, symbolic of the nails that pierced the hands and feet of our Savior. The red ribbon is symbolic of His blood that cleanses us from all unrighteousness. Really, the miracle of Christmas is only the beginning of the story. The stories of Christmas and Easter are inseparable. We never want to forget the real meaning of this special season.

Well, I should really head to bed. I love you all! Have a great time with your families and friends! God bless you, and MERRY CHRISTMAS!

1 comment:

VTBeanbag said...

Merry Christmas to you and your family!

In my opinion, you did a great job last night at Christmas Eve service. I didn't notice any of the mistakes that you mentioned! :)

God bless you and yours.