Wednesday, June 20, 2007

She's baaaaaaack!

Ladies and gentlemen.... 30 days is a looooooooong time not to blog! Can you say "withdrawal"? I officially ended my computer fast today, and had 112 emails in my inbox to deal with, thus defeating the entire purpose of fasting to avoid wasting large amounts of time on this thing. *sigh*

Now... to be completely honest, my fast was DIFFICULT. There were days I struggled, and days I failed. Free Cell is a very addicting game. I use it as an escape. On days when escape was essential, I admit I would sit and play a couple of games. But the temptation to sit and surf or do email or blog was not as bad. Here are the things I missed blogging about:



  1. hatching chicks in the first grade classrooms


  2. the first grade bikeride field trip


  3. the last day of school


  4. my grandfather's rapidly declining health


  5. the cub scout float in the Memorial Day parade


  6. the cub scout picnic where Nick became a Bear cub and Adam earned his Readyman badge.


  7. the barnyard frenzy play


  8. the father's day hammock

Now, to blog about all those things now would defeat the whole purpose of the fast, because it would take me FOREVER! But two of them I just have to mention.


First, hatching chicks. What a very cool experience! All four of the first grade classes had incubators with a dozen eggs each. The students turned the eggs three times a day for 18 days, and we candled them to see how they were growing inside. Cool! Then, on day 20, the hatching frenzy began!



Out of a possible total of 48 chicks, we managed to successfully hatch 36! Here is a picture of them all stuffed in a cardboard box for their field trip back to the local university farm.


The second thing I would love to mention is the play entitled "The Barnyard Frenzy". It was written by a teacher at the elementary school to honor two teachers who passed away this year, Jane Mitchell, who died of cancer in June, and Alicia Shanks who was shot and killed at the school last August. The play was fabulous, and really brought a lot of healing to the staff and the community. Everyone was involved, even the janitors! It was so fun. If you want to watch it for yourself, click here to see it in its entirety. The ticket sales raised $7,500 toward a memorial to be built in memory of the teachers.

Okay. While I have been gone, I have been able to spend more time with the Lord, and more importantly, to point out to my boys that so much more gets accomplished when you are NOT glued to a screen. I believe they saw a difference in life here at home with mom wasting less time and praying more.


OH! One other thing I forgot to mention is the fact that Adam (my 10 year old) is having funky heart rhythms, and cardiology wired him up with a holter monitor to record his heartbeat for 24 hours. No word yet on what they found... I am trusting God that they find nothing! We prayed for him in Jesus' name, and I believe he is already healed. I'll keep you posted.

So... that is it. It's nice to be back! Lots coming up, including camp meeting! Will be fun! Talk to you lata!

2 comments:

Loee said...

Oh, Michelle, I'm sooooo glad you're back! This is an early birthday present for me (tomorrow is my 59th)! I have really missed you! I prayed for you frequently over the past month. Glad it went well for you.

Lois :-)

Michelle said...

Happy Birthday!!!!! I'm glad to be back too. Have a blessed day in Jesus!!!!