Saturday, June 23, 2007

Visit to Maine

Well, here we are in Maine. It is sooooo good to see my grandparents! My grandfather is back in the hospital, so we went to see him there after spending the morning helping my grandmother at the house with laundry and such. Here is my sweet grandfather whom I love dearly!


His sense of humor is still very much intact, although he is in a considerable amount of pain. We enjoyed a very nice visit this afternoon, and I shall stop to see him again tomorrow before we leave to go back to VT.

My nephew Mark is ten years old, and had the unexpected adventure of landing this 41 inch, 24 pound striper this morning.... it's basically as big as he is!!!! How cool is that?


Sorry about the poor picture quality, but I am using my cell phone camera for these pictures.

My boys have been having so much fun with their cousins playing on the Wii (a new adventure for my boys). They have been laughing and enjoying each other a lot. I wish we lived closer together, but oh well. 200 miles isn't ALL bad! :-)

Tomorrow is Jen's baby shower. I am looking forward to that.

OH!!!! I almost forgot!!!! One very cool thing that happened today is that we went to the grand opening for the Mrs. and Me. This is an ice cream place I used to work at 20 years ago in high school and college. Frank and John Zazzera were my bosses. They ran the business for 30 years then sold the place and the new owner managed the place so poorly that it closed in 2000. Now new owners have bought and totally renovated the place, and they are using Frank and John's ice cream recipies.... it tastes as good as it did 20 years ago!!!!

Anyway, when we got there, Frank was there helping with the ice cream making for the grand opening, and I got a chance to sit and chat with him for about 20 minutes, reminiscing about old times, old friends, etc. etc. How fun! Here is the picture that was in the paper yesterday of owners old and new.


John is on the far left and Frank is next to him, 2nd person in. What a treat!

Okay. That is it for now. Those of you back home, have a fabulous time in the presence of the Lord tomorrow! HI BRO. AND SIS. NEVIUS!!!! And Pastor and Sue.... bring that baby into the world on time tomorrow! LOL! See you all when I get home.

No comments: