Sunday, January 01, 2006

New Year

Hello, and happy new year (almost... it's currently 11:26 pm). We spent our evening as we always do, in the house of the Lord, worshiping, singing, foot washing, hearing the annual "state of the church" address, communion service, and pot luck fellowship following. And every year I feel the same way... I can't imagine spending this evening anywhere else! The rest of the world is partying and celebrating in a secular way; many of them with no thought of God and His hand in the upcoming year. I LOVE ringing in the new year with my Savior and my wonderful church family!

2006 ... only the Lord knows what it will bring. For us, I am looking forward to a lot of fun, a lot of growth in my faith, a lot of hard work cutting back our debt, and who knows what else? I am hoping to do some more writing for the ninetyandnine.com webzine, and looking forward to another excellent summer at church camp with the precampers! MAYBE... my husband will be taking BOTH boys to cub scout camp this summer, too! If the funds allow it.... not really sure about that...

Another fun thing that I am looking forward to... several people in our life group wanted to do the Endtime Bible study. So I borrowed the video tape version of the bible study from my mother-in-law , and we are going to get together and do that once the schedule gets back to normal around here. I love doing bible studies! My friend Petrina and I also discussed tonight at church that we need to start getting back together for our "God nights" like we used to do. It was just she and I... we would get together at one of our houses, pray, sing, and then put in a good preaching tape (usually Bro. Jeff Arnold... he's always good). We stop, rewind, take notes, pause for praise breaks, it's really awesome! We used to do it alot, but life got busy for us both.

Well, it's 11:42... time to go sit with my honey and watch the new year come in! He is currently watching "Madagascar" and cracking up! I like to move it move it, I like to move it move it, I like to . . . . MOVE IT!!

May the Lord draw you ever closer to Himself this year. Maybe make the decision to read your Bible through this year. Maybe decide to teach someone what YOU know about God...whatever you do, BE BLESSED!

No comments: