Thursday, December 16, 2004

A nearly missed blessing!

God is just so wonderful! Just as a parent loves to surprise and bless their children (which is why I spent more than I should have today on Christmas shopping), God delights in surprising His children with unexpected blessings!

I let my boys sleep in this morning... they've been getting to bed late, and Adam didn't feel very well last night, so they (and mom) slept in a little bit. We waved to Paul, the bus driver, as he drove away without boys in tow. School starts at 8:30, and being a fairly responsible mom, I tried to get them there at least CLOSE to the start of the day. We were only about 15 minutes late... but according to God, we were right on time! Just in time for His scheduled blessing! As we arrived, a man with a dolly hollered for Adam to "hold that door open, young man!" On the dolly was a GIANT...uh... something. It was in a huge bright blue zip-up case. It was over 6 feet tall. I wondered... then I signed the boys in for the day. As I turned to leave, I heard the word "harp" spoken around the corner. That's it! I had forgotten! There were two harpists from the VT symphony orchestra scheduled to perform today! And I would not have had the chance to see this splendid presentation, if I had let them ride the bus, or been earlier or later! Isn't He neat?

I learned so much! God is the creator of music, and it is mathamatically perfect and mind blowing. The harp looks like a hard instrument to play (the pedal part is fascinating, but requires far more coordination than I possess, I'm afraid).
My children learned a lot, too, but I learned that God loves me so much, that He was willing to take my choice (let the boys sleep in) and turn it into a big huge blessing! Sweet.

No comments: