Saturday, March 21, 2009

abundant life revisited

Well, back in October of 2008, I created a post entitled "abundant life". You should click here to review the little diagrams I created so you will understand what I am about to type. Click on the "abundant life" link below:

Abundant life

So.... this week has been a week of incredibly abundant life, so much so that I have wondered how I would survive the mental stress of the week. My husband was in a car crash that totalled his vehicle and sent the lady he hit into the hospital. We had negative equity in the truck, and after all our VERY HARD WORK over the last year and a half to pay off over $10,000 in debt so we could go for a mortgage, in one moment of time, we found ourselves back in debt $7,000 the DAY BEFORE our meeting with the mortgage officer at the bank. I cannot tell you the weight of discouragement that overcame us that day. We have been reeling for the past few days, coping with the consequences of this accident, and wondering where we go next. Therefore........ I cannot tell you how much I have LOVED this day!! It started with humble service to my fellow man...serving at the local community food shelf that my husband and I are involved with. I talked with people there who had situations that were far worse than mine, and I was able to encourage them and lift their spirits, if only a little. Then, I gathered up my son and his friends (churched and unchurched) and we headed up to our church for youth fun day. We played board games, ate pizza and m&ms (oh my word!!!), jammed on the keyboard and drums, and THEN....... we sat down and watched Louie Giglio on the BIG projector screen give his message about the enormity of God and his intense love and care for us.... and it ministered to me so much! I have it posted on my blog, and to watch it you can click the LAMININ link below... you REALLY SHOULD watch it... even if you've already watched it! It blessed me so much.

Laminin

And the cool thing? Adam's best friend from school was describing it to his mom when I dropped him off, and he was pointing to his heart and saying, "Yeah, it does something to you deep down inside when you listen to him." PRAISE GOD! He was feeling the tug of God on his heart, and that is exciting!

So...... I have a big God who loves me and knows my needs. He knows my heart, and will give me the strength to face this new uphill battle. None of this takes God by surprise, and He has a plan that will put us right where He wants us to be. Thank you Father for your incomprehensible, mind-blowingly intense love for me! I love you more than words can say!!!

No comments: