Friday, May 04, 2007

Sandy's dilemma

Ok... I just got off the phone with Sandy. She is ALL DONE. Here is the skinny:
  • she's going to the ladies' retreat which was scheduled to start too early. You can't possibly work until 5:30 or 5:45 and then drive to a totally unfamiliar town that is 1 1/2 hours away, and be on time for a 7pm service.
  • she is LOST. She has been driving around White River for almost an hour trying to find the hotel. Even a police officer couldn't give her the directions she needed.
  • she missed the part of the service she needed most... the praise and worship to get her heart ready for the message. Now she is totally frazzled and is not in the mood to get a difficult message from the Lord.
  • she is rooming with a person she has a hard time getting along with.
  • she is ready to cry and come home, because it doesn't seem worth the trouble.

SO.... I called her to say hello, because I forgot she was going to the retreat tonight. She is stressing on the phone. I get on the internet to find a map. Mapquest doesn't even recognize White River Jct. VT as existing. So I look up the hotel and get the directions from THEIR website. Those aren't much help either. I hung up the phone with Sandy and called the hotel. I asked for as many landmarks as she could give me. I call Sandy back. I get her there. She all but bursts into tears. She's done. I really pray God touches her in a way that will minister to her. She is really discouraged and really needs God to move in an unprecedented way in her life right now. If anything else goes wrong tonight, I am SURE to get a phone call...

Lord Jesus, I want to take this opportunity to bring my dear friend Sandy to your throne on the wings of prayer. She is hurting and desperately in need of a healing touch from you tonight... right now as I pray. She needs you. I know you already know that. Please wrap your loving arms around her and help her to tear down the barriers she has put up around her heart. Allow her to allow YOU into the innermost parts of her heart. I rebuke the enemy of her soul in Jesus' name! He tried to keep her from this gathering of the saints, but she made it there despite his efforts to stop her. Thank you Jesus for your faithfulness to your child Sandy! You know exactly what she needs. You know her better than she knows herself. Please bless her and lift her up, I pray in the all powerful name of Jesus, Amen.

Ok. My hubby just called and is on his way home (YAY!). I got him some Chinese for dinner. He'll like that. I love that man with all my heart. If you get the opportunity this evening after reading my post.... pray for Sandy. I'm sure that she, like me, welcomes all the prayer she can get! I know I do! Good night!

1 comment:

Loee said...

I'm praying!

Lois