Friday, October 20, 2006

YIKES! SNOW!

Well well well! I posted the last post, and then whamo! Out of nowhere, it starts snowing like a blizzard, and our power went out! We got about 3 inches here in town, and our beautiful silver maple in the backyard lost about ten large branches from the weight of the heavy snow. I am NOT ready to have snow before halloween... it makes for a very long winter when it arrives that early. I called my mom, who arrived in Florida last week, to inform her of the early arrival, and she told me that it was 90 degrees and humid where she was.... no fair. I'll take that over snow any day!

Okay, I'm done complaining now. But I know one reader of this blog (pastor) who is a fellow snow disliker! We are in agreement that snow is beautiful right around Christmas time, and after that, it can GO! I think a perfect winter would be about 4-6 weeks. Then spring! That would work for me.

Well, the power came back on at 10:27, after being out for 3 hours. Now I can go to bed without the fear of candles burning my building down! Pray for warm weather! Peace out!

No comments: