Monday, November 22, 2004

Thanksgiving vacation...is it survivable?

I remember as a school kid, how exciting it was to have an entire week off from school! A whole week (9 days, actually) to sleep in, play with friends, watch TV, and escape the torture of homework! It was glorious! My mom was never as excited as we were... she was actually quite grumpy. I could never figure that out...

Fast forward about 30 years... I find myself on the flip side, and finally understanding her anxiety... two active boys, kings of sibling rivalry, home, together, for 9 days in a row! Come quickly, Lord Jesus! Deliver me! Well, it's not really THAT bad... they have their good moments. They usually get along famously when they are up to something that mom would consider highly unacceptable. The quiet is a key indicator...

Anyway... Thanksgiving. I have to admit that I am VERY thankful for my two boys. They have provided countless blessings, and many teachable moments when God spoke to me through situations they somehow provided. I am looking forward to the lessons that God has waiting in the wings for me this week. Thanksgiving vacation is a time of spiritual growth. And God has promised me He will not give me more than I can bear. He is a good God. Thank you Jesus for my wonderful children! I will enjoy every moment with them that you graciously provide!

Blessings!
Michelle

2 comments:

kellycoxsemple said...

Welcome to the world of blogging, Meet-shell! I'm bettin' you'll turn that closet writer loose out here in the Blogosphere. Have fun! :-)

stu said...

Happy Bloated Bird! No, I don't mean Jason, but you did say you had 2 boys at home to learn spiritual insights from. Does that mean you're learning nothing from your other boy, Jason? ANYway, I like your blog so far, as long as you keep it PG-13. Otherwise, I can only read it with a pair of dark sunglasses on.