Saturday, July 16, 2011

DISTRACTION!!

Facebook. Can I just say? I love it! My family is all over the map... Colorado, Maryland, Florida, Maine, Massachusetts, and Vermont. It is hands down the quickest way to keep up on family STUFF! But it is NOT conducive to the deeper things that are in my heart and on my mind. I love the way I can communicate my heart here on the blog.. but FB is such a distraction to me! We are a "fast food" people! We want everything RIGHT NOW, and facebook offers information in that fashion. But to craft a blog entry takes a little more time, a little more thought, and a little more work. I want to slow myself down and take a detour from FB and get my thoughts organized HERE. The summer is rapidly slipping away from me, and soon we'll be back to the crazy, fast paced, stressful routine of school, where blogging will be more challenging, and FB will be MUCH easier! So during these last few weeks of the lazy hazy days of summer, I will be forcing myself to slow down and blog.

I have reached a breaking point that has needed reaching for many years. I finally got so upset and stressed out about my weight that I have actually put ACTION to the problem and have begun a plan for losing the weight. Walking. Water. Less soda (very minimal... just an occasional reward now and then). Better choices for food. Portion control. Did I say walking and water? Yeah. It is time to drop the pounds. Like I said, we are a "fast food" mentality people. I want to go for a one hour walk and come home to find I've dropped 5 pounds! Grrr. Going to be a LONG, SLOW process. But I must. And I will. Please pray for me not to lose momentum and not to be distracted or discouraged.

I mention this weight loss thing because tonight, my husband and I went for a LONG walk together, just the two of us. Holding hands... talking..... not talking.... just enjoying being together. It has been a very stressful week for us both, and this time together was priceless. You know you have a great relationship when you can just BE together without talking, and feel so content and happy, just to be together! My love is leaving to go to Denver for a visit with his family next week, and I am going to miss him terribly. But it will be a good break for him. He's been through a lot this week, and stress relief is just what he is needing. Besides, he will turn 40 years old while he's out there, so...... change of scenery is probably a good thing! :)

Well, time to go drink a gigantic glass of water.... AGAIN. Thanks for listening! Will be back soon, I promise!

No comments: