Tuesday, February 15, 2011

423 days

That's right. It has been 423 days since I have posted anything on this blog. I have to admit... I have a FB account. FB is good for the moment. It keeps you connected. But really, it is brief and impersonal. My status is limited to a certain number of characters. Writing "notes" just isn't the same as this. The other day, I was at work, and needed a picture of myself for a project. The one I wanted was on FB, which of course is blocked from school computers. But my blog was accessible. So I went on to hunt for a picture of me. I ended up having to go WAAAAYYY back to find one (because most of the pictures on here are ones I have taken, so I'm not IN any of them)! But something happened as I browsed through my blog... I missed it. What a wealth of memories I found! It is literally a diary of my life. I can say what I want without people spazzing like they do on FB. I will never forget being "scolded" on FB when I was having a really rough day. I posted a vent. And someone had the nerve to tell me that no one on FB wants to hear your complaining. This is a light-hearted place. Whatever. I was hurting. I needed a friend to talk to and did not have one. I needed prayer. All I got was scolded. You cannot be yourself on FB. But on my blog, I can be who I really am. I can write whatever I want. It is MY PLACE. It is what I am choosing to come back to. I have missed you, NAM! Thank you, blogger, for giving me a place in cyberspace to call home.

I'm BAAACCCKKKK!!!!!!! :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Whenever you need an ear to listen, a shoulder to lean on, and someone to pray with...call me. love you so much. Mom

Michelle said...

Mom... you are the ABSOLUTE BEST! They don't come any better than you. I love you! That was during my days in the islands. Essex is just so much better. :) Can't wait to see you this summer! Thanks for still being a follower of my blog. :)

Shell xo