Friday, March 17, 2006

Where is God in this?

Wow... I am feeling extreme guilt. I have not been a consistent blogger at all lately, and I apologize to the very few people who actually take time out of their day to check on my little corner of the world here at northernapostolicmom. I am actually having an inferiority complex, if the truth be told. I am a tremendously huge fan of the wonderful bloggers "extraordinaire" over at my favorite webzine, ninetyandnine.com . Stu did such a fabulous job that I don't know how anyone could DARE follow him up! But sweet Wendy was the PERFECT choice! She is practically a pro blogger! I just LOVE her way with words! LeeAnn, the duct tape queen is a hoot, and has great life advice to offer (not to mention the inside scoop on American Idol). I despise the American Idol show, but in order to be able to talk to people in the world and forge relationships with those who don't know the Lord, ya hafta know a LITTLE BIT about these things. These great bloggers have one thing in common, besides writing talent and personality oozing from their pores... they have CONSISTENCY... which I sorely lack here at northernapostolicmom. I would like to say it is because I am too busy being an apostolic mom! But in reality, I want this to be a place where I can write about the deep spiritual side of being an apostolic mom... but there doesn't seem to be one... at least, not an interesting one that would hold a reader's attention. Because really, being an apostolic mom means being a praying mom. A mom that's there. A mom that is involved in every area of life. Routine. Life. As Bro. Trapani so eloquently preached on Wed. night. Life is life. Sometimes it is downright ordinary and BORING. It seems like all I post here is pictures of my boys and boring stories of "what I did today". Who wants to read that? People are involved in their own day to day living, and don't need my lack of drama to add to theirs. But...... as I have heard so eloquently in the past three messages I have heard preached.... the Kingdom of God will come and shake you upside down and expose all your skeletons... but you have to get back up, no matter how many times you are knocked down.... you must get up and fight ONE MORE ROUND! Every time! One more round! Don't let the drugery of life get you down so that you can't get back up. Does any of this make any sense? Or am I just rambling on aimlessly, boring you to the point of death? I am boring MYSELF! I don't even know if I will actually POST this! Ahhhh! If I do, I apologize in advance.

So, in light of this little rant of mine, do I have anything spiritual to contribute today? Nope. Today involved going to work, going to a parent/teacher conference for my youngest son, coming home to cook dinner, painting pinewood derby cars, and putting children to bed. Nothing too spiritual about that. Where was God in my life today? Ummm...... I prayed today. I prayed with my sons tonight. I ended my day still choosing to love and serve Jesus Christ. Other than that? Hmmmmmmm.... I am feeling like I need to go pray some more. Not that the amount of time I pray earns brownie points with God... I know it doesn't. But my heart knows that when I feel this distant... it's time to reconnect. Gotta go plug in. Bye.

No comments: